Apply to Phelps
STEPS FOR ADMISSION
- Apply either online or download an application to send via U.S. mail.
- Pay the application fee upon submission of the application. The fee can be paid by check, PayPal, or credit card.
- Send your current school official transcript.
- Ask two teachers to complete and send the recommendation forms.
- Contact our Admissions Office to schedule a campus visit and personal interview.
- Once the application, transcript, and two recommendations have been received, acceptance decisions are typically rendered within just a few weeks through our rolling admissions process.
- Once notified of acceptance, reserve student placement by submitting a deposit within two weeks. The deposit, which is applied toward the total annual tuition, is $5,000 for boarding students, $3,000 for day students, and $10,000 for international students.
- Boarding students, click here for more information about preparing to move to campus.
Phelps accepts the Standard Application Online.
A student’s acceptance for enrollment is based on many factors, including his maturity, his character, and his desire to join this diverse, close-knit student body. Previous grades and test scores are helpful in the academic placement and class scheduling process, but they are not the sole basis for enrollment decisions. We strive to ensure that each boy who comes to Phelps will be able to thrive here. We do so by getting to know each applicant personally, as best we can.
The admission process takes time, so we encourage you to start today!
The Phelps School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Please contact our Admissions Office by phone at 610-644-1754 or email the team at [email protected].